[Condor-users] desire to Condor control via Python

Hi,

My name is Kipp Cannon and I'm a member of the LIGO scientific
collaboration.  We are in the process of developing the infrastructure to
perform analysis of the gravitational wave detector outputs in (near)
realtime.  To this end, we have a need to control condor from within other
software.  We need to be able to submit dags, query status, terminate all
jobs associated with a dag, etc..  In particular, we would like to be able
to do this from within Python.

What tools exist already for this?  I know that pyGlobus provides Python
bindings for the Globus Tool Kit, and the Globus "GRAM" manager is
aparently able to control Condor but this seems like a circuitous route
to the solution.  Is there a more direct solution --- just some Python
code that can run condor_submit_dag, parse log files, etc., to provide
something of a scriptable interface to the whole show?

Thanks,

							-Kipp