From: Alain Roy [mailto:roy@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 October 2004 21:21
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: RE: [Condor-users] Bug

>Earlier on this morning we had successfully built a Master node and 2
>slave nodes all running condor.
>
>We then applied the hardening process to the Master node.

What is "the hardening process"?

>Unfortunately this time the test jobs did not run.  It appears that the
>reason for this is that not all of the relevant condor processes start
on
>the slave nodes.

>None of the log files in /home/condor/log on the slave or master nodes
>has given us any indication of what the problem might be.

On the "slave" computers:

1) What does "condor_config_val daemon_list" tell you?
2) What exactly is in the MasterLog after you start it up on the slave
node?

-alain

p.s. I find this "master/slave" terminology a bit strange. How about
central manager/execution computers?