[Condor-users] Re: preemption (again)

can I confirm the following setup will work in a high volume setting
(I have no way of testing it without taking the farm out of commision)

if I get to 6.7.x (would go with .2)

on the worker nodes:

START = (JobStart =?= UNDEFINED) || (JobStart < CurrentTime - (30 * $Minute) )
PREEMPT = FALSE
RANK = ((TARGET.TIER =?= "Critical") * 1000) + ((TARGET.TIER =?= "High") * 100)
+ ((TARGET.TIER =?= "Normal") * 10) + ((TARGET.TIER =?= "Low") * 0)
+ ((TARGET.TIER =?= "Mild") * 5)

on the negotiator

PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = FALSE

Will this mean that a higher ranked job will preempt a lower ranking
one if the current job has only been running for 30 mins?

Will the altered Start statement cause issues during the transition
from Claimed->Idle to Claimed->Busy under high load? Last time I tried
any kind of cleverness in the Start experession it failed miserablly
due to problems with this so I'm loath to repeat it.

The loss of throughput I'm getting through not being able to prevent
preemption without disabling the tiering is a nightmare...

Matt