RE: [Condor-users] Condor job submission delayed

Ian Chesal wrote:
Also, I do believe there is a typo in the condor_q -analyze output in the 6.7.1 release. The line says:

~ 4 match, match, but reject the job for unknown reasons

Oops, that shouldn't have slipped past us.

But feels like it should read:

~ 4 match, but reject the job for unknown reasons

Technically the comma is not required on any of those lines if you really want to get picky about grammar.

I have fixed both of these English problems in the Condor 6.7.x series. You'll see the changes Condor 6.7.2. Please feel free to send any other typos this way. They are much easier to fix than the real bugs. :)

Can I request that these lines receive some detailed descriptions in the help for condor_q in the manual? That one line in question is very troubling to a user who doesn't know what's going on in the system.

Believe it or not, this line is an improvement. It used to say, "X match, but prefer another specific job despite its worse user-priority". Not only was it hard to understand, but it was nearly always wrong. Now the new message at least gets people to ask us what the problem is so we can help debug it.

The real thing to do is to make condor_q report something more meaningful. We do want to do this, and I hope it happens in the Condor 6.7.x series. It turns out to be rather tricky, because a lot of different things could be going wrong.

-alain