[Condor-users] Executable taking FOREVER to run

Greetings….again!

We have a custom executable that is run from a batch file by condor, for example:

c:\bin\mountdrive.exe –mount username

c:\path\to\maya\bin\mayaswrender.exe %*

The mountdrive.exe is used to mount the drive to a letter on the remotehost that will be rendering (so that the user has the correct write permissions). This is the way that it must be done (as far as we know) for our setup. This is not the case for our linux nodes.

The problem is that it takes about 9 – 12 minutes to get my rendered file! The actual render time should be only 30 seconds, add in Maya’s load time and you have 2 minutes max for the render.

When we run our mountdrive command locally it executes right away and mounts the drive. If I don’t use the program then the render is completed in less than 2 minutes. Is there something about condor that would be causing this to happen? The mountdrive.exe was written in VS .net.

Something is causing mountdrive.exe/mounting to run very slowly…..i think ;-)

Thanks for any help,

Lee