[Condor-users] HOSTALLOW_CONFIG in STARTD_EXPRS

hello

Our pool is growing by machines from people who are in our subnet and want to put their machine into our pool. Everyone who want to partcipate in that pool has to register and he is mailed a config file, which is personalized for him. We have a centralized submit point via blast.

Such a "dynamic" pool needs security. We must have the possibility to put out computers from our pool or don't let a specific computer execute jobs. To provide this, I have included a new ad MAY_EXECUTE=true in the config file and add it to the REQUIREMENTS (MAY_EXECUTE==TRUE) of my jobs. So I can exclude computers from executing by setting the MAY_EXECUTE value to false by condor_config_val.

So long so good, this works fine, if the users don't change their config files so that we aren't allowed anymore to change anything by condor_config_val.
My idea was to add HOSTALLOW_CONFIG to my STARTD_EXPRS and the following to the REQUIREMENTS of my jobs (HOSTALLOW_CONFIG=="ourmachine.."). But it doesn't work, HOSTALLOW_CONFIG doesn't appear in the machineads using condor_status -long and it can't be found by my jobs with a requirement with HOSTALLOW_CONFIG.

Why can't I use HOSTALLOW_CONFIG in my STARTD_EXPRS?

thanks and greeting

Thomas Lisson