Re: [Condor-users] changing requirements after a job is submitted

On 4/18/05, Dr Ian C. Smith <i.c.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another quick question. I have some long running DAG
> jobs and I've noticed that there was a mistake in their
> requirements. Is it possible to change the requirements
> "on the fly" so that I  don't need to resubmit them and
> lose the results generated so far. I tried condor_reschedule
> but that didn't seem to do it.

changing requirements on the fly is fine - though you can't change the
requirements of the dag held jobs (to my klnowledge) just the ones
which have been submitted as regular jobs.

$ condor_qedit
Usage: c:\Condor\bin\condor_qedit.exe [-n schedd-name] { cluster |
cluster.proc | owner | -constraint constraint } attri
bute-name attribute-value ...

e.g.
condor_qedit matth Requirements "new requirements"

works just fine __BUT__

DISCLAIMER: screwing up a qedit (like by not escaping special
characters thus spewing garbage into the job log) can kill your entire
schedd and require manual fixes (or outright deletion) to the job
queue.

Plus qediting the requirements of a running job such that it believes
it can no longer run on its current machine will likely trigger its
removal

Make damn sure you get it right or you'll be VERY annoyed...

Matt