Re: [Condor-users] Linux 2.6

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:50:09PM +0100, Billy Allan wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 09:47:58AM -0500, Alain Roy wrote:
> > 2) It's dynamically linked against an older version of the gcc runtime
> > libraries. Therefore you need to install the compatibility gcc package. I
> > forget the name of this package, but I think there is a single RPM you can
> > install that will get these for you.
> >
> > We hope to do further testing to ensure that RHEL4 works properly. We're
> > also debating the best way to avoid the problem I mentioned in #2.
>

> Releasing the source-code....?  ;-P

Yes, this has been discussed since more than two years ago there had been
an announcement of Condor going OpenSource.
It would be *very* helpful if at least the interface libraries (which are
essential for standard universe operation) could be built on the target
system. If you want to keep the administrative utilities out of the process
for a while, probably nobody would cry out immediately (as the current
dynamic binaries apparently work with all modern distros - but this may
also change in the not-so-far future)

Is there an updated timescale for OpenSource plans of the Condor team?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut)
SciencePark Golm, Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam * http://www.aei.mpg.de