Re: Fwd: [Condor-users] Condor and VMWare

You're right - Condor running inside VMware won't notice keyboard activity
on the host machine. However, you can write a script on the host machine
that checks for keyboard activity and accordingly sends a signal to the
VMware vmx process that represents the virtual machine. This way, the
virtual machine is suspended whenever the keyboard on the host machine
becomes active. (NOTE: You will have to modify the config file that the
VMware virtual machine uses to make it suspend upon receipt of a specified
signal)

Alternatively, since Condor mechanisms can already detect this for you,
you could run the virtual machine as a Condor job. Your job could trap a
vacate signal from the Condor starter and subsequently suspend the virtual
machine.

I'm not sure which OS you're using, but if it's Windows, the virtual
machine could be implemented as a service that can be started or stopped
on demand.

Sriya