Re: [Condor-users] changing negotiator interval

On 8/12/05, Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >I noticed by looking at the logs that the negotiator on my condor host
> >runs every five minutes. Is there a way to change that?
>
> Look at the configuration section of the manual, Section 3.3. There is a
> subsection for Negotiator configuration, Section 3.3.16. There you will find:
>
> NEGOTIATOR_INTERVAL
>     Sets how often the negotiator starts a negotiation cycle.
>     It is defined in seconds and defaults to 300 (5 minutes).

Note that there is also a hardcoded limit of the minimum gap between
negotiations which is (last time I checked) 15 seconds.

If you only occasionally need to speed up the negotiation latency
execute a condor_reschedule command (from an appropriately
permissioned machine)

Matt