Re: [Condor-users] Installation problems in a future Grid testbed

Thanks for the fast response Avi!
I'm sorry about the confusion! You're right: I'm having 2 managers instead of 1.
But I couldn't understand your point about the configuration files: which must be an empty file (condor_config ou condor_config.local)?
I've tried to do this tip with condor_config in the non-manager machine:
1. Replace condor_config with an empty file in the non-manager machine of the pool
2. Start condor_master in pool manager
3. Start condor_master in pool non-manager (just submitter/executer)
But seems that none happened (no daemons turned on).
[globus@crithidia sbin]$ condor_master
[globus@crithidia sbin]$ ps -ef | egrep condor_
globus    6639  6585  0 23:47 pts/0    00:00:00 egrep condor_
[globus@crithidia sbin]$
I assume that an empty condor_config.local is not the case, according to the condor documentation (each machine must have a local configuration file).
Regards,
Fabiano.

Avi Flamholz <flamholz@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
Do you mean that both machines are executing as a central manager?
(You wrote "execute both machines as masters," but the condor_master
daemon is supposed to run on all machines, so I assume you meant
central manager.)

If this is the case, you should look at the local configuration files
for the individual machines. It will probably have a comment on the
top saying something like "this is the config file for the central
manager." It will also probably have the macro DAEMONS_LIST set to
MASTER, NEGOTIATOR, COLLECTOR, STARTD, SCHEDD. This means that all
your machines are running all the daemons, which is not what you want.
On the machines that you do not want to be central managers, you
should replace this file with an empty file. The default, given an
empty local config file, is that the condor_master daemon will start
the condor_star! td and condor_schedd daemons, making the local machine
a submit/execute node.

-Avi

On 8/24/05, Fabiano Portella wrote:

> Hi Condor community!
> I'm trying to create a Grid with machines from 2 research labs. First one
> contains 3 Linux FC3 machines (one is the central manager) and the other lab
> contains 2 Linux FC1 machines.
> I've just tried to install condor-6.7.10. Following the condor
> documentation, I've issued the following commands (as globus user and sudo
> permission):
>

> $tar xzf condor-6.7.10-linux-x86-glibc23-dynamic.tar.gz
> $cd condor-6.7.10
> $sudo ./condor_configure --type=manager,submit,execute
> --install-dir=/usr/local/condor-6.7.10/ --owner=globus
> --install
>
> WARNING: Unable to determine local IP address. Condor might not work
> propertly until you set NETWORK_INTERFACE=

> ./condor_configure line 908.
>
> Condor has been installed into:
> /usr/local/condor-6.7.10
>
> It seems strange to me, since NETWORK_INTERFACE was set to the IP address of
> the specified machine.
> Anyway, I continued the process, updating condor_config and
> condor_config.local properly:
>
> #######/etc/condor/condor_config#############
> RELEASE_DIR = /usr/local/condor-6.7.10
> LOCAL_DIR = /usr/local/condor-6.7.10/local.vivax
> CONDOR_ADMIN = globus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> MAIL = /bin/mail
> FULL_HOSTNAME = vivax.biowebdb.org
> UID_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
> FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
> COLLECTOR_NAME = BioWebDB Pool
> CONDOR_IDS = 504.504
> QUEUE_SUPER_USERS = root, condor, globus

&! gt; ##/usr/local/condor-6.7.10/local.vivax/condor_config.local###