Re: [Condor-users] Installation problems in a future Grid testbed

So, you're meaning that I must have only one global
config file in central manager and a local config file
with data too. All others machines in the pools
(submitters/executers) must have ONLY one empty local
config file. Is that correct?
Please let me know if I'm wrong.
Thanks one more time for your help.
Regards,
Fabiano.

--- Avi Flamholz <flamholz@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> [...]
> assume you meant
> > central manager.)
> >
> > If this is the case, you should look at the local
> configuration files
> > for the individual machines. It will probably have
> a comment on the
> > top saying something like "this is the config file
> for the central
> > manager." It will also probably have the macro
> DAEMONS_LIST set to
> > MASTER, NEGOTIATOR, COLLECTOR, STARTD, SCHEDD.
> This means that all
> > your machines are running all the daemons, which
> is not what you want.
> > On the machines that you do not want to be central
> managers, you
> > should replace this file with an empty file. The
> default, given an
> > empty local config file, is that the condor_master
> daemon will start
> > the condor_star! td and condor_schedd daemons,
> making the local machine
> > a submit/execute node.
> >
> > -Avi
> >
> > On 8/24/05, Fabiano Portella wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi Condor community!
> > > I'm trying to create a Grid with machines from 2
> research labs. First one
> > > contains 3 Linux FC3 machines (one is the
> central manager) and the other
> > lab
> > > contains 2 Linux FC1 machines.
> > > I've just tried to install condor-6.7.10.
> Following the condor
> > > documentation, I've issued the following
> commands (as globus user and sudo
> > > permission):
> > >

> > > $tar xzf
> condor-6.7.10-linux-x86-glibc23-dynamic.tar.gz
> > > $cd condor-6.7.10
> > > $sudo ./condor_configure
> --type=manager,submit,execute
> > > --install-dir=/usr/local/condor-6.7.10/
> --owner=globus
> > > --install
> > >
> > > WARNING: Unable to determine local IP address.
> Condor might not work
> > > propertly until you set NETWORK_INTERFACE=
> > >
> > > Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.)
> or string at
> > > ./condor_configure line 908.
> > >
> > > Condor has been installed into:
> > > /usr/local/condor-6.7.10
> > >
> > > It seems strange to me, since NETWORK_INTERFACE
> was set to the IP address
> > of
> > > the specified machine.
> > > Anyway, I continued the process, updating
> condor_config and
> > > condor_config.local properly:
> > >
> > > #######/etc/condor/condor_config#############
> > > RELEASE_DIR = /usr/local/condor-6.7.10
> > > LOCAL_DIR = /usr/local/condor-6.7.10/local.vivax
> > > CONDOR_ADMIN = globus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > MAIL = /bin/mail
> > > FULL_HOSTNAME = vivax.biowebdb.org
> > > UID_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
> > > FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
> > > COLLECTOR_NAME = BioWebDB Pool
> > > CONDOR_IDS = 504.504
> > > QUEUE_SUPER_USERS = root, condor, globus

##/usr/local/condor-6.7.10/local.vivax/condor_config.local###