Re: [Condor-users] Condor Problems on Linux (Fedora Core 3)

On Aug 24, 2005, at 10:39 AM, Avi Flamholz wrote:

I am working on installing condor on a server farm of linux machines.
As a test I took two of them and I am trying to install there first,
as this is my first time dealing with condor. I have already completed
a test install on a pool of 3 solaris machines, which worked fine, but
with the fedora machines I encounter problems.

The problem manifests itself as follows:

I have machines 1&2. 1 is configured as the central manager and a
submit machine, 2 is configured as an execute and submit machine. Each
machine has multiple processors. When I run condor_status I get:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
$ condor_status

Name OpSys Arch State Activity LoadAv Mem ActvtyTime

vm1@machine2 LINUX INTEL Unclaimed Idle 0.000 1 0 +00:15:04
vm2@machine2 LINUX INTEL Unclaimed Idle 0.000 1 0 +00:20:05
vm3@machine2 LINUX INTEL Unclaimed Idle 0.000 1 0 +00:20:06
vm4@machine2 LINUX INTEL Unclaimed Idle 0.000 1 0 +00:20:07

Machines Owner Claimed Unclaimed Matched Preempting

INTEL/LINUX 4 0 0 4 0 0

Total 4 0 0 4 0 0
---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------

However, when I run condor_findhost, I get:
---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
$ condor_findhost
Warning: Found no submitters

ERROR: 1 machines not available

And when I run condor_submit, the job waits on the queue indefinitely.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Try running condor_q -analyze on your queued jobs.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |