Re: [Condor-users] Chirp I/O problem - "chirp.config not defined"

Duane,

There is a problem with the first Chirp example in the manual. Sorry about that! If you add out.close() after the while-loop that writes into the output file, you should get the expected result.

Also, I have verified that for java universe, it is not necessary to use "+WantIOProxy=True" as I suggested previously, because this is the default behavior.

In regards to your question about "chirp.config", this file only exists temporarily in the runtime scratch directory that Condor creates when it runs your job. This scratch directory exists on the remote machine where the job runs.

--Dan

duane waktu wrote:

Dan,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have added the entry you suggested but still could not find the chirp.config file on my system. Below is my submit file:

====================
TestChirp.cmd
====================
universe = java
executable = TestChirp.class
arguments = TestChirp
jar_files = Chirp.jar
log = TestChirp.log
output = TestChirp.output
error = TestChirp.error
should_transfer_files = YES
when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
+WantIOProxy = True
queue

In fact, the reason why I ran 'java' command (as you saw in my previous email), because the 'output' file, which I though should contain the same thing as the 'input' file, did not contain anything, although it was created.

The TestChirp.error and TestChirp.out, which were created on exit, were also empty and TestChirp.log shows normal termination (return value 0).

Did I miss anything?

DW