Fwd: [Condor-users] Condor-G - job submission problem

I meant to send this to the mailing list...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 26, 2005 10:33:08 AM CDT
To: duane waktu <duawaktu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor-G - job submission problem

On Aug 26, 2005, at 9:05 AM, duane waktu wrote:

The first thing I tried yesterday was not to have "-submit -c", but since I kept getting SIGTERM (see GridManagerlog), I added "submit -c" in the job description file.

Below I included the content of GridmanagerLog file and the error message on the Globus container site after removing "-submit -c" from the job desc. file.

According to the logs, the job submission is failing. You should see the job going into the Held state in the condor queue.

Here is my job description file:

 jobmanager_type = fork

Ah, here's your problem. GT4 GRAM is case-sensitive for the jobmanager type. Try using 'Fork' with a capital F.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |