Re: [Condor-users] Unix group membeship & condor pool selection?

I am in the process of setting up condor for multiple labs in the same
department.
I would like to set it up so people in Unix group "acme" run their condor
jobs on the "acme" pool, people in "cad" run on the "cad" pool, etc.

I would like to do this with one master so that people in both 'acme'
and 'cad' can run in both pools.

Before I bash my brains against the documentation I would like to know:
Is this is even possible?

Hi Lee,

What we actually did is the following:

condor_config

[...]

RESOURCE_GROUP = $(ETH_GROUP)
JOB_GROUP = $(ETH_GROUP)
SUBMIT_EXPRS = JOB_GROUP
STARTD_EXPRS = RESOURCE_GROUP

# start jobs of everybody on the tardis cluster
IS_ALLOWED =  ( \
         MY.RESOURCE_GROUP == TARGET.JOB_GROUP || \
         MY.RESOURCE_GROUP == TARGET.USER_GROUP || \
         MY.RESOURCE_GROUP == "itet" \
)

IS_LOCAL =  ( \
         MY.RESOURCE_GROUP == TARGET.JOB_GROUP || \
         MY.RESOURCE_GROUP == TARGET.USER_GROUP \
)

START = $(UWCS_START) && $(IS_ALLOWED)
RANK = $(IS_LOCAL)

[..]

About tardis-cluster: These are public machines for
students/... --> Shared pool that is accessible
to all users.

On each host, there is a second config file that is included
in condor_config:

ETH_DEPT = "itet"
ETH_GROUP = "itet" # or any other lab

Currently, the submitter machine determines the set of machines on
which Condor will run. This is in some cases confusing for the users.
To improve, We plan to set the job group in condor_submit via Unix groups/environmen variables

JOB_GROUP=$ENV(GROUP)

Regards,
Anton

--