Re: [Condor-users] Running jobs as nobody on all machines

Is there some reason why you can't have UID_DOMAIN = FULL_HOSTNAME?

 -- Jaime

On Dec 5, 2005, at 6:51 AM, Emir Imamagic wrote:

I found following explanation in documentation:
(http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/3_3Configuration.html)
---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
You can also leave $(UID_DOMAIN) undefined. This will force Condor to
always run jobs as user nobody. Running standard universe jobs as user
nobody enhances your security and should cause no problems, because the
jobs use remote I/O to access all of their files. ...
---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

However, when I leave UID_DOMAIN undefined in config files, Condor sets
it to FULL_HOSTNAME.

Cheers,
emir

Emir Imamagic wrote:
Hello to all,

is there a way to force Condor to run jobs as user nobody even in case
when UID_DOMAIN is same on submit and remote machine?

Thanks in advance,
emir