Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Windows Domain Accounts

--- Matt Hope <matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/21/05, Ari Silver <ari_ag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > --- Matt Hope <matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> unsuccessfully)
> the
> > > 'net
> in a
> back
> > > even
> user/password.
> > >
> > > Do you specify the domain?
> > >
> > > What is the exact (baring the password itself)
> > > command you use...
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >

> > This is the command I've been trying to use:
> > net use \\bonnie\home\silvera\CondorJobs\demo
> password
> > /USER:silvera
>
> there's your problem
>
> should be
>
> /USER:yourdomain\silvera
>
> > When I run this exact command from a prompt, it
> works
> > properly.
>
> auto supplied from your existing domain - when run
> from condor no
> existing default domain exists from which to start
>
> > It's probably also important to note that I tried
> > replacing the condor-reuse-vmX accounts
> automatically
> > created by Condor with the newly created accounts
> on
> > my domain. I've made sure the new accounts are
> part of
> > the Adminstrators group.
>
> makes no difference - you *must* state your domain
> membership, in your
> case this would mean changing your
>
> VM1_USER = condor-reuse-vm1

> VM1_USER = yourdomain\condor-reuse-vm1
>
> and also storing the credential of the user on every
> local machine -
> hence suggesting the much simpler net use command.
>
> Matt

Ok, your advice for getting net use to work was
perfect. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to run jobs located
on a unix file server. Everytime I try to run the
program, it returns with an error code of 128, which
according to the Condor Windows FAQ is because of a
missing dll. In order to help Condor find the dlls, I
added the path to the environments in the .sub file,
as well as tried adding to the path in the wrapper
batch script.

Here is my .sub file:

universe = vanilla
environment = path=
//bonnie/home/silvera/CondorJobs/NT_VC7_DEBUG;C:\WINDOWS\system32
executable =
//bonnie/home/silvera/CondorJobs/NT_VC7_DEBUG/wrapper.bat
output =
//bonnie/home/silvera/CondorJobs/NT_VC7_DEBUG/demo.out
log =
//bonnie/home/silvera/CondorJobs/NT_VC7_DEBUG/demo.log
error =
//bonnie/home/silvera/CondorJobs/NT_VC7_DEBUG/demo.err
queue

I also tried to see if I could set the path in my
wrapper batch file. It's contents are here:

net use \\bonnie\home\silvera\CondorJobs\NT_VC7_DEBUG
password /USER:domain\silvera
set
PATH=%PATH%;\\bonnie\home\silvera\CondorJobs\NT_VC7_DEBUG
echo "Path set. Printing new path..."
PATH
echo "Trying to run program..."
\\bonnie\home\silvera\CondorJobs\NT_VC7_DEBUG\demo.exe

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Ari