Re: [Condor-users] Job gets held: Reason unspecified

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 02:31:37PM -0600, Alexander Dietz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the ShadowLog it says:
>
> 12/21 14:18:42 (601662.0) (8918):ERROR: User job is NOT compatible with
> this shadow version
>
> What does this mean? I ran very similar jobs on the same cluster some
> zillion times before, and in moste cases it worked out. Any ideas?

Are you running a standard universe job? Did you use Condor 6.7
for the condor_compile step, but submit from a machine running Condor
6.6?  Condor can't do that, because the older 6.6 shadow may not know
how to handle the system calls a 6.7 job would make.

-Erik