Re: [Condor-users] Startd segment violation

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Mark Calleja wrote:

> unusual, but the StartLog reports:
>
> 2/2 16:56:10 Starter pid 19086 died on signal 11 (signal 11).
>
> That's a segment violation there.  My question is, is that Condor's way
> of telling me that the user's application is segmenting, or the Start
> daemon itself? We see this behaviour on a number of linux boxes, all
> running dynamically linked versions of Condor 6.6.8 (seen it with 6.6.7
> too), for glibc 2.2 and 2.3.

That's the condor starter daemon seg-faulting. It has its own log file
(StarterLog) which should hopefully have more clues as to what's going
wrong.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |