Re: [Condor-users] about submission jobs from condor-g to globus to condor pool

The automatic filesystem requirements are there to prevent jobs from
running on worker nodes that cannot access the job's working directory,
executable, and input files. For jobs submitted by hand, you can simply
tell Condor to transfer files back and forth between submission machine
and execution machine, in order to avoid the requirement of being in the
same filesystem domain. For jobs submitted through the Globus condor
jobmanager, you normally need the gatekeeper machine and the worker
nodes to have a shared filesystem (at least for the home directory of
the account on the gatekeeper that runs the jobs). To tell Condor that
you have such a common filesystem, configure FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN in
condor_config on all nodes that share that filesystem.

For more information on configuring Condor with respect to shared
filesystems, see:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/3_3Configuration.html#sec:Shared-Filesystem-Config-File-Entries

--Dan