[Condor-users] condor_submit with -r or -n?

I'd like to submit to a remote schedd instance from a windows machine (a
laptop that may be removed from the network). I tried -r but crashed the
remote schedd instance and got the error in the condor_submit output
file:

Submitting job(s)......
Logging submit event(s)......
6 job(s) submitted to cluster 1.
Spooling data files for 6 jobs...
ERROR "DoUpload: Failed to send file
\\ttc-swnas1\ttcbatch\experiments\ichesal\condor\TPT\
icd\icd_script%20%3D%20armstrong_intracell_delay_xml_writer.tcl/acs_gene
rator\../../abc.0.
ticket.log, exiting at 1577
" at line 1576 in file ..\src\condor_c++_util\file_transfer.C

But if I use the -n option the submission succeeds without any problems.
I thought -n was only for use when there are two or more schedd
instances on a single machine. But my remote schedd is now showing my 6
jobs as idle when I condor_q it's status. What's the catch? I'm missing
something here for sure. It can't be that easy.

- Ian

--
Ian R. Chesal <ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Software Engineer