Re: [Condor-users] "Secret" classads available when writing PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS?

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 05:25:22PM -0500, Ian Chesal wrote:
> There are two classads I know about that are inserted by the negotiator
> when PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS is evaluated: RemoteUserPrio and
> SubmittorPrio -- are there any other undocumented ClassAds that I can
> reference?

No. (And a terminology point - those aren't "classads", those are attributes
that are inserted into classads. The RemoteUserPrio attribute is inserted
into the ClassAd of any machine that has a job running on it. The
SubmittorPrio attribute is inserted into the Job Ad the negotiator is trying
to match with a resource)

> I'm trying to make it harder for preemption to occur and the
> classads I see when I do "condor_status -long" aren't really helping me
> out much. Is there a classad that tracks the number of preemption
> requests a ClientMachine currently has in progress?

I'm not sure what you mean by preemption requests.

If the negotiator can't find a match for a job, it goes on to trying to
preempt the job running on a claimed machine. It evaluates
preemption_requirements by plugging in the machine classad on one side,
and the job ad on the other side. If the expression is true, then
that machine ad is added to a list of machines that we can preempt for this
job. The process is repeated for every machine in the pool, and we are
left with a set of machines that we can preempt to satisfy this job. That
set is then sorted according to PREEMPTION_RANK, and we know what
machine to preempt.

-Erik