RE: [Condor-users] how can a condor job connect on a Map network drivefor windows platform?

 Hi Ramzi

I can probably explain what is happening here.
When your submitted job is started on a compute node, it is executed as
condor-reuse-vmX
user, which has very little access rights. On Windows, mapping of the
network shares is done
on per-user basis, so condor-reuse-vmX, which is created dynamically, does
not have any mapping.

So, you either have to create such user manually on each compute node, login
as him and map
permanently this drive (I haven't tried it myself) or,
do the mapping vi the script, which starts your application. It works for me
as I have /usr/local
shared for cygwin with the guest account -

@echo off
rem runoctave.bat - Octave startup file
echo =============================================
echo.
set USERNAME=guestaccountname
set USERDOMAIN=seasxp
net use z: \\seas\pcsoft /USER:%USERNAME% guestaccountpassword
echo Running Octave ...
echo.
set OCTAVE_HOME=/usr/local
bash -c "export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH ; octave %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8
%9 2>&1"
echo.
echo All done.

in this example mapping is required, because in the cygwin itself on each
compute node
the folder /cygdrive/z/cygwin/usr/local
is already mounted permanently as /usr/local
but you can perform mount in this batch also.

Hope this helps.

Andrey