RE: [Condor-users] Possible Limitation Condor vs Perl /IPC::open3>>>PROBLEM was found, solution to be investigated

> | to your submission ticket. Or if you just want to copy a few
> | environment variables you can do so by adding:
> |
> | environment = PATH|PERL5LIB
>
> It is possible to give me an example, since I can't get the
> PATH env var to show up In the list of env var present when a
> job start.

Try:

environment =
PATH=C:\Perl\bin;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows|PERL5LIB=C:\Perl\site\li
b;C:\Perl\lib

I mis-represented how the environment setting works. You use it to
define settings, not pass them along. So you have to explicitly define
the values you're trying to pass. Note, you can also reference ClassAds
attributes from the machine's classad here.

> Here what I have done
>
> 1) added the following line under my condor_config.local
> STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT =
> "PATH=C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\S
> ystem32\Wb
> em;C:\Condor\bin"
>
> Restart condor, test, didn't work

I have the following defined in my condor_config.local file on my
Windows machines and it works:
STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT =
PERL5LIB=d:\abc\perl_5_6_1_638\Perl\lib;.|PATH=d:\abc\perl_5_6_1_638\Per
l\bin;d:\abc\condor\bin;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS\System
32\Wbem;c:\bin;c:\mks\mksnt|LM_LICENSE_FILE=1800@ttc-sunserve;1800@ttc-b
atchfiles;1700@goto|BATCHSYSTEMFTPSERVER=ttc-griddata

Note there are no "'s around things.

> 3) Added environment=PATH to submit file, while
> STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT was defined in the
> condor_config.local Tested and didn't work.

See above, but I think you got this to work already.

- Ian