Re: [Condor-users] When do machine RANK settings apply?

I'm now experiments with your suggestion of:

PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = False
PRIORITY_HALFLIFE = 1
RANK = (TARGET.JobPrio * 2880)

With our very long retirement time (enough for our jobs to finish
normally) this should be okay. I'll let you know how it works out.

Hmm. Actually, it isn't working out at all. I had users with jobs in the
system with JobPrio's of 10 and 11 respecitivily. I sent a single job in
with a JobPrio of 16 and expected my job to run on the next available
machine. Not the case. My job is still sitting there while the two
lower-JobPrio user's are passing jobs through the system.

From the netogiator log snippets you posted, it appears to me that your job _was_ preempting other resource claims. What is not clear is why that same job kept coming back in subsequent negotiation cycles. Do you see anything that would explain that in the job's user log or in the ShadowLog?

--Dan