RE: [Condor-users] When do machine RANK settings apply?

> >> From the netogiator log snippets you posted, it appears to me that
> >>your job _was_ preempting other resource claims.
> >>What is not clear is why that same job kept coming back in
> subsequent
> >>negotiation cycles.  Do you see anything that would explain that in
> >>the job's user log or in the ShadowLog?
> >>

> >Right. There's a line that says it's rejecting 94.0 and then a line
> >that says it's preempting bchan's job for 94.0 and then back
> again. The
> >ShadowLog for my submitting machine has nothing in it. The
> last entry
> >is dated January 4. My ScheddLog around ~13:40 has the following:
> >
> >1/5 14:38:52 Sent ad to central manager for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:38:52 Sent ad to 1 collectors for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:39:58 Activity on stashed negotiator socket
> >1/5 14:39:58 Negotiating for owner: ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:39:58 Checking consistency running and runnable jobs
> >1/5 14:39:58 Tables are consistent
> >1/5 14:39:58 Out of jobs - 2 jobs matched, 0 jobs idle,
> flock level = 0
> >1/5 14:39:58 Sent ad to central manager for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:39:58 Sent ad to 1 collectors for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:42:28 Sent ad to central manager for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:42:28 Sent ad to 1 collectors for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:44:39 Activity on stashed negotiator socket
> >1/5 14:44:39 Socket activated, but could not read command
> >1/5 14:44:39 (Negotiator probably invalidated cached socket)
> >1/5 14:44:58 Sent ad to central manager for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:44:58 Sent ad to 1 collectors for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:47:28 Sent ad to central manager for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:47:28 Sent ad to 1 collectors for ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:49:49 DaemonCore: Command received via TCP from host
> ><137.57.176.9:33313>
> >1/5 14:49:49 DaemonCore: received command 416 (NEGOTIATE), calling
> >handler (negotiate)
> >1/5 14:49:49 Negotiating for owner: ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx
> >1/5 14:49:49 Checking consistency running and runnable jobs
> >1/5 14:49:49 Tables are consistent
> >1/5 14:49:49 Out of servers - 0 jobs matched, 2 jobs idle, 0 jobs
> >rejected
> >

> Assuming you just have the same two jobs in your queue at all
> times, the above log indicates that your jobs are going from
> "matched" to "idle"
> for some reason.  I would recommend turning on D_FULLDEBUG in
> your schedd and shadow in order to see what is happening to
> those jobs.

Thanks Dan. I actually think the problem may have been with my schedd
now and not my negotiator. After changing SCHEDD_DEBUG and SHADOW_DEBUG
to D_FULLDEBUG and issuing a condor_reconfig my trouble getting my jobs
to start went away. Now when I submit a single job at higher priority
than all the other jobs in the system it gets picked up reasonably
quick. Very strange. I've been able to successfully submit and run 3
jobs now.

- Ian