Re: [Condor-users] Suppress output files generation upon submission

+ Job Log file becomes huge, so it's update slows down schedd itself ( I
have to use it since condor_q fails to answer the queries all together
)

I suspect that the problem is not because it's huge. Do you have some evidence that it's the writing of the log file that is causing the schedd to slow down?

If the schedd is handling a lot of jobs it can get really slow. This is something we are working on, and I don't think we considered large job logs as a potential problem, so if you have evidence that it's a problem I would be interested in seeing more information about it.

+ Condor generates empty output and error files, and to the  file system
( which is AFS in my case ) takes a lot of time to create them.

Are you specifying "output" and "error" in your submit file? What happens if you don't specify them? Condor shouldn't make them if you don't specify them.

-alain