Re: [Condor-users] Simultaneous writes to post-script in DAGMan

Kshitij:

DAGMan does not provide any additional tools for helping with historic
NFS synchronization issues.  So a POST script must be able to handle all
NFS file synchronization issues on its own.  If you pursue this path,
bear in mind:

* Never use NFS for your DAGMan job log files.  This has been the source
of many problems in the past.

* The DAG POST script runs on the host running DAGMan itself.  If you
have a pool with more than one node, there is a significant chance that
that DAGMan and the individual node jobs will run on different hosts.
This provides another NFS file synchronization challenge.

Note that DAGMan provides a "-maxpost" option to throttle the number of
active POST scripts.

	Jeff