[Condor-users] flocking problem

In my department, I have 3 pools of Condor machines -- 2 dedicated
computing clusters and the desktop machines.  All 3 pools are configured
for 2-way flocking  with one another.

The machines in the Mastodon cluster advertise the attribute
"InMastodon", and the machines in the Scout cluster advertise the
attribute "InScout".  They have lines such as "InMastodon = TRUE" in the
local config files.

Prior to splitting the machines into 3 separate pools (for the purpose
of keeping separate logs for reporting to funding agencies), users could
specify in their submit descriptions that they wanted jobs to run on one
of the cluster nodes by including something like this, "Requirements =
InScout".

Now if a user submits a job from one pool, requesting an execute machine
in a different pool, the job sticks in the queue because Condor can't
find a match.

Is this a configuration issue, or a fundamental limitation?  I'm
currently running Condor 6.6.6 on Linux.

--
David A. Kotz <dkotz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>