[Condor-users] How to Test if flocking is working?

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup flocking and was wondering what are some simple tests or signs to look for in the logs to determine weather it is working?

I've found various posts on the net and PDF files which mentioned putting the condor hosts on a VPN to get around some "firewall problem" in Condor.
Are there some known difficulties with firewalls even if the ports are opened and forwarded to the proper machines within the network??

So far the other pool doesn't show up in my condor_status output and none of my jobs indicate that they ar going go machines that are not on my local pool.

Thanks for any info

JW