Re: [Condor-users] MPI on windows server2003

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 05:24:35PM -0500, Cliff Padgett wrote:
> I have mpich running successfully on a windows cluster consisting of windows 2000 machines, but on my one server 2003 machine, condor thinks MPI is not installed?? I can run MPI jobs on this machine using mpirun,

In condor 6.6, and Condor 6.7.3 and below, mpirun is not used at all by
Condor. Just because you can use mpirun to run an MPI job it doesn't mean
that your job is able to run under Condor.

> and all the environmental variables are set. How does condor determine
> if MPI is installed on a computer? And is there away to set the Hasmpi
> variable to true??

That comes from the condor_startd detecting that it has a condor_starter
installed that supports MPI. I'm surprised that you'd have one that says
it doesn't - could you restart Condor on that machine, and then look at
the StartLog? If HaMPI is false, it should be complaining about
"condor_starter -classad did not produce any output"

-Erik