[Condor-users] Possible Solution to condor_store_cred add failing...

It seems many new users run in to this one..I ran in to it myself today when i was installing Condor on a new system.

If your condor_store_cred add fails on the first attempt to enter a password

&

condor_q gives you errors

&

condor_status gives you errors

Then try using IP numbers to designate the host, Read,write and administration settings within teh condor config file. That solved my problem.
Not sure why though i used to use machine names just fine on my other network.

JW