Re: [Condor-users] about Globus, Condor and Condor-G

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:42:42PM +0800, carson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After reading the documents from the Condor-G webpage, I found that
> actually Condor-G is a job managerment software that used the Globus
> Interface,

Correct. Condor-G is just the 'job management' interface of Condor, but
to a Globus-managed resource as the execution target, instead of a
Condor-managed resource. In newer versions of Condor, we've enhanced it
to be able to use the condor 'job management' interface to be able to
submit to Globus, Unicore, Nordugrid, "Condor", PBS, and Oracle managed
resources.

> However, I am wondering whether condor-G be used to submit jobs to WS-GRAM?
> If not, does there exists any project that works on similiar functions or
> Globus itself has provided such functions (submits jobs management for
> multiple Grid Site)?

The development versions of Condor support submitting to a Globus 3.2-managed
resource. Condor 6.7.4 will be able to submit to a Globus 3.9.4 (4.0 beta)
managed resource - we're probably going to drop Globus 3.2 support in the 6.7
series, as soon as Globus 4 starts to stabilize (we think that people are
mostly using the Pre-webservices Globus 2.x, or will be using Globus 4.0)

-Erik