	From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Chesal
	Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 3:18 PM
	To: Condor-Users Mail List
	Subject: [Condor-users] JobPrio not being obeyed on a schedd?

	I have a user with two clusters of jobs. One cluster has the
JobPrio set to 10 on all the processes. The other has the JobPrio set to
12 on all the processes. They are, for all purposes, the exact same
cluster of jobs. Same expected memory, disk, etc. And the two clusters
are competing for the same few machines.

	Watching these two clusters run over the last 14 hours the
cluster with JobPrio == 12 seems to be running a few more jobs than the
cluster with JobPrio == 10. But, why is the cluster with JobPrio == 10
even running at all? I thought the job priorities determined the
absolute execution order for a single users jobs on a single schedd. Am
I mistaken? How can I figure out why the schedd thought it would be a
good idea to pass off lower priority jobs instead of higher priority
jobs to the startds?

	- Ian