Re: [Condor-users] Using the same log for several clusters?

Alain,

> That should work fine. Condor uses file locking to ensure that
> everything is written correctly. If your log file is on NFS, you may
> have problems--in our experience, NFS locking doesn't always work.

NFS locking works fine, it's the client NFS cache that causes problems
for most applications.

Does Condor use a lock file or does it use lockf() locking?

In either case, I can give you code examples that work reliably for
both Linux and SunOS (or mixtures of the two).  I can't vouch for
other OSes, but the underlying principle seems fairly general.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics