RE: [Condor-users] Greetings, and rtgen over Condor

Hi Matt et all,

Thanks for the comments. I think that I'm not going to be affected by
evictions because the nodes have been configured to stop and continue later,
not to migrate.
I already took care of indicating an external (big) drive as the
destination, so the files should be transferred back there. BUT, I run into
an unexpected problem...

When I was piloting with 3 dedicated machines, I launched my .sub file, and
got the *.rt (the rainbow tables) back in the central manager's disk, but
now I'm not getting the files back, and I don't see the reason for that...

The .sub is simple, only minor mods since the first version I used for
piloting, mainly due to the fact that I'm using E:\ as the destination now:

	Universe = vanilla
	Executable = rtgen.exe
	Log = rtgeneration.log
	Arguments = lm alpha 1 5 $(Process) 1000 4000
	Initialdir = E:\

	# the extra line above is to avoid problems with the backslash and
command continuation!
	Should_transfer_files = YES
	When_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
	Transfer_input_files = charset.txt
	Nice_user = True
	Notification = Never
	Requirements = (OpSys == "WINNT50") || (OpSys == "WINNT51")
	Queue 5

Inspecting the log file shows that the jobs finished OK. It can also be
monitored using condor_q during the few seconds it is running. However, the
logs show "0 - Run bytes sent by job", when I expect the table to be
transferred back.

For information to people without experience in rainbow table generation:
Rtgen will run with the arguments provided, and generate an output file with
.rt extension. The file name is dynamically constructed from the arguments,
and I like the idea of AVOID specifying it (in fact it worked OK during my
pilot test!).

What am I doing wrong now???

TIA!
Regards,