[Condor-users] condor config on OSX - submitting machine "(null)"

Hi,

Struggling my way around the java problem on OSX, I now
submit my java job disguised as a regular vanilla job, and get the same
thing that was reported a while back on the list (no definitive answer
though...):

StarterLog
Submitting machine is "(null)"
ERROR "Assertion ERROR on (shadow->name())" at line 984 in file jic_shadow.C

It was indicated that this has something to do with host name /
etc/hosts settings on OSX.

Can anyone shed some light on what Condor is expecting? What is the correct
way to set the hostname on OSX so Condor can run on it ?

Thanks in advance for any hints!

- Filip