Re: [Condor-users] Queued jobs not running on the newly added node, until a new job is submitted

Try condor_reschedule (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/condor_reschedule.html)
--
Rajesh Rajamani
Senior Member of Technical Staff

Optena Corporation 2860 Zanker Road, Suite 201 San Jose, CA 95134 www.optena.com

This electronic transmission (and any attached documents) contains information from Optena Corporation and is for the sole use of the individual or entity it is addressed to. If you receive this message in error, please notify me and destroy the attached message (and all attached documents) immediately.

Alex wrote:
Hi all,

I want to build a on-demand cluster, where i can add nodes to the pool
whenever needed.

It seems to me that existing jobs in the queue shown in condor_q will
not be run on the newly added machine (i.e. by condor on <hostname>)
until a new job is submitted. (i.e. not until a new job is submitted
does any job will be run on the newly added node). It seems that it is
because of all jobs are rescheduled once a new job is added to the
queue.

Is there any way to let condor aware of the newly added machine and
run jobs on it even there is no newly submitted jobs?

Regards,
Alex