Re: [Condor-users] I wasted some CPU cycles ;-)

I would have thought that WANT_VACATE=FALSE would have done
the job. On our Linux rhel3 pool we have a working configuration
like you describe (no job migration - jobs finish on the node where they started regardless
of how long/often they are suspended by owner activity) but our local
configuration files uses VACATE=FALSE rather than WANT_VACATE.

Cheers, Alex

Miguel Dilaj wrote:

False alarm. My jobs are still being killed on the long run.

Any ideas on what to check to ensure my jobs are suspended indefinitely
(well... Until the box has free time again)???
TIA!

Miguel

-----Original Message----- From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Miguel Dilaj Sent: 12 July 2005 17:24 To: 'Condor-Users Mail List' Subject: RE: [Condor-users] I wasted some CPU cycles ;-)

Hi all,

Well... Murphy's Law... It *seems* that a real (hardware) reboot did the
trick. I've had a job suspended since my email below... Will check again
tomorrow. Cheers,

Miguel

-----Original Message----- From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Miguel Dilaj Sent: 12 July 2005 13:52 To: 'Condor-Users Mail List' Subject: Re: [Condor-users] I wasted some CPU cycles ;-)

Hi all,

Well... I've setup:

	WANT_SUSPEND	= TRUE
	WANT_VACATE		= FALSE
	PREEMPT		= FALSE
	KILL			= FALSE

(and also CPU=1, that works) in all nodes, including the central server. All
nodes are Windows running condor 6.6.10.

After that I did condor_reconfig -full -all, followed by condor_restart -all
But my processes are still going to Idle (instead of Suspended) when the
user returns and starts typing. To be fair: the processes briefly go to
Suspended state, but later are Idle again.

I want my processes to be Suspend'ed when the user returns, and continue
later when the machine is free. No migration, no restarting.

Again... Any ideas what am I doing wrong, or where to look for further
investigation??? TIA!! Regards,

Miguel

This e-mail contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission
error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the
intended recipient you may not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.