RE: [Condor-users] Command Case Sensitivity on Windows

> CONDOR_STATUS works for me in mixed case, but CONDOR_RECONFIG does not.
> It's my assumption that some commands, like CONDOR_RECONFIG actually call
> CONDOR.EXE using some command line parsing.  As a result, they pass the
> uppercase version of themselves to the CONDOR.EXE binary.

Very, very close.  On Unix, condor_on, condor_off, condor_reconfig, etc etc are all hard links to the 'condor' binary.  On Windows, they're all copies of the 'condor.exe' binary.  This binary examines its own name (argv[0]) and figures out what to do.  If it's named 'condor', then it looks at the first argument and uses that.  So 'condor_on' and 'condor on' are interpreted as the exact same thing; you'll just be using a different copy of the binary.

Given Condor's Unix background, this is of course all case sensitive.  'condor_ON' is interpreted as 'condor ON' which isn't the same thing as 'condor on'.  :-)  You're right, this isn't typical Windows behavior.

Mike Yoder
Principal Member of Technical Staff
Ask Mike: http://condor.optena.com
Direct  : +1.408.321.9000