Re: [Condor-users] shared filesystem job rejected bc of my requirements

On May 30, 2005, at 5:21 PM, Michael Rusch wrote:

I have two job submission files with identical requirements in the Requirements = line, and one runs fine, the other is always rejected because of requirements.  The main difference I can see is that the one that works uses file transfer (the executable is a shell script that calls other binaries on the shared filesystem), whereas the one that doesn’t work has file transfer turned off (the executable is a shell script on the shared filesystem, data is also there, along with the other binaries).  The UidDomain and FileSystemDomain should be set correctly, as the first job (which does use files on the shared filesystem) works, as do other jobs using this set of requirements.

I’ve tried the following things:

  1. Removing output = and error = lines from the submit file.
  2. Setting transfer_executable = false
  3. Removing the log = line

It sounds like you don't have FileSystemDomain set up correctly. When you enable file transfer for a job, you're telling Condor that all the files needed by the job are specified in the submit file and nothing needs to be accessed via a shared filesystem. Then Condor is free to run the job where is available (restricted by the other requirements). If you don't enable file transfer, that means some of the job's files may be accessed by a share filesystem, so the submit and execute machine must share the same FileSystemDomain. In this case, Condor automatically adds this constraint to the job's requirements _expression_.

The submit file for your first job is incorrect, but works because you do have a share filesystem that Condor isn't aware of. If you had an execute machine that didn't have the same shared filesystem, Condor would be willing to run your first job there, but the job would obviously fail.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |

|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |

|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |