From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sean Looper
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:14 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] WinXP - Condor 6.6.9 - Condor_Store_Cred problems

Ok, so I have adjusted sooo many settings in the config files to try and get this right, and still I have nothing.  My goal is to allow any user to submit jobs to the remote schedd running on a manager machine.  I have set the VM1_USER = domain\Condor as well as set SOFT_UID_DOMAIN = True and TRUST_UID_DOMAIN=True.  My problem is that the pool will only process jobs that have been submitted using the domain\Condor account.  Any other jobs give me this error in the ShadowLog log:

6/7 18:10:22 Initializing a VANILLA shadow

6/7 18:10:22 (150.1) (3916): ERROR: Could not locate credential for user ‘user@domain’

6/7 18:10:22 (150.1) (3916): init_user_ids() failed!

6/7 18:10:22 (150.1) (3916): ERROR: Could not locate credential for user ‘user@domain’

6/7 18:10:22 (150.1) (3916): init_user_ids() failed!

6/7 18:10:22 (150.1) (3916): ERROR "set_user_priv() failed!" at line 400 in file ..\src\condor_c++_util\uids.C

I have used condor_store_cred on each machine in the pool for the domain\Condor account.

I am trying to get Condor to stop trying to verify that the submitting user is indeed a member of the domain.  The domain\Condor user has full administrative rights and should be fine for running anything that is submitted with its own credentials.  Please someone tell me how I might disable this feature.

Thanks so much in advance!

Sean

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.