Re: [Condor-users] condor_q -xml bug?

So I'm learning that a "well formed" xml file has the xml version on the
first line and nothing else.  It appears that 'condor_q -xml' outputs a
"-- Submitter..." line as the first line.  I have to parse the removal
of the line in my code in order for the XML interpreter to recognize the
XML.  Is this a bug?

I'm the author of the code that did the XML code, so it's probably a good idea for me to comment on this.

I think it's debatable if it's a bug or not. I'm open to suggestions on this point, but I don't think it is. I think of the output of condor_q -xml as a body of text that happens to contain an XML document as a subset of the text.

If you have more than one schedd in your pool, try "condor_q -global -xml", and you'll see something like this:

-- Schedd: whoppers.cae.wisc.edu : <144.92.13.58:42979>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE classads SYSTEM "classads.dtd">
<classads>

<c>
[snip...]
-- Schedd: gamgee.cs.wisc.edu : <128.105.185.11:45134>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE classads SYSTEM "classads.dtd">
<classads>

<c>
[snip...]

So for each schedd we have a separate XML document. Is this optimal? Perhaps not, but I don't think it's a bug.

In the general case, we might have things like error messages intermixed here too. We could define a larger XML document that encodes all of this information. We decided to keep it simple though.

-alain