RE: [Condor-users] Examples or Docs for new ClassAd functions?

Yes that is helpful.  I will use this method until the newer functions are added.  Thanks for the help!

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Kewley, J (John)
Sent: Mon 6/20/2005 4:06 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: RE: [Condor-users] Examples or Docs for new ClassAd functions?

> Hello fellow Condors! (cheesy, I know)
> I would like to make specific machines in my pool members of custom
> groups that I specify.  I'm thinking the best way to do this is to set
> the following in each condor_config.local file:
>
> GROUPS = "SLOW", "DELL", "BLADE"
>
> And then I would like to set a requirement in my submission files that
> tests GROUPS for any one of the contained strings, such as "DELL".  I
> read that there are some new string parsing functions in ClassAds and
> was hoping they were available and if someone could point me towards
> docs or examples of these.  I'm running version 6.7.7

Here is how you can do something similar with current ClassAd functionality
for details on the example I used, see
www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/CondorWeek2005/ presentations/kewley_cclrc.ppt
section on Firewall mirroring.

In each condor_config.local file:
GROUP_SLOW = TRUE
GROUP_DELL = TRUE
GROUP_BLADE = TRUE

STARTD_EXPRS += GROUP_SLOW, GROUP_DELL, GROUP_DELL

then when you need to test in yoru requirements you say:

# Fuzz matching with =?= may be better here: I forget
REQUIREMENTS = GROUP_DELL == TRUE

If you need to substitute the value "DELL" into the expression when it is some
local macro, MY_GROUP, say:

REQUIREMENTS = GROUP_$(MY_GROUP)

Is that any use?

JK