AW: [Condor-users] Central Manager Specifications

>	Just a general question as regards the computing requirements of a
Central Manager for Condor.

>	Are there any special requirements, hardware-wise, for the central
manager of a condor pool.
>	i.e. speed, ram, hard disk, etc. My understanding is that nothing
"special" is required, so long
>	as it is a decent machine capable of running it's chosen OS with no
problems.

>	Are there any scalability issues, for example, if the pool was
increased from 100 to say an
>	unlikely size of 10,000?

Hi,

The Condor Manual says in 3.2.3.1

"Also consider network traffic and your network layout when choosing your
central manager. All the daemons send updates (by default, every 5 minutes)
to this machine. Memory requirements for the central manager differ by the
number of machines in the pool. A pool with up to about 100 machines will
require approximately 25 Mbytes of memory for the central manager's tasks. A
pool with about 1000 machines will require approximately 100 Mbytes of
memory for the central manager's tasks. A faster CPU will improve the time
to do matchmaking."

Thomas