Re: [Condor-users] Condor on RedHat AS2.1

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 06:34:12PM -0500, gregg.cooke@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a lot of blades with RedHat AS2.1 on them and I want to start
> using Condor -- but it looks like this version of RedHat got skipped!
> Does anyone have any experiences running Condor on AS2.1 and if so
> what version of Condor do I use, what patches do I apply (if any),
> any pointers for a successful install, etc.?

It looks like that particular machine uses (in its base form) gcc 2.96,
glibc 2.2.4, and kernel 2.4.18.

I predict that you could use the dynamically linked Redhat 7.2
distribution of Condor for Redhat AS2.1 and have full functionality.

You can upgrade it to current patch levels, but if any of those three
things I mentioned above change radically (like gcc moves to 3+, etc)
at the current patch level, then we'll have to reconsider which Condor
version should use.

Thank you.

Peter Keller
UW Condor