Re: [Condor-users] Flocking MPI jobs

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 05:54:42PM +0100, M?rio Costa wrote:
> Can any one tell me if it is possible to use condors flocking
> mechanisms to run a parallel mpi job on several condor pools ??

No. MPI jobs need to be submitted from a dedicated scheduler, and that
will not flock to another machine.

Now, you can use the "grid" universe in Condor to submit an MPI job to
another scheduler - you can use gridtype="Globus" and submit an MPI job
to a cluster running any batch system, or gridtype="condor" and submit
an MPI job to another Condor pool. That is different than flocking, though.

-Erik