Re: [Condor-users] Condor and MPICH - takeoff difficulties

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 06:14:49PM +0100, Fran?ois Bachmann wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to get a Condor/MPICH implementation off the ground, to no
> avail so far. I've read all the relevant manual pages and tried to
> figure out what the appropriate config file names etc. are, but my MPI
> example program still won't fly.
>
> Non-MPI Condor jobs (the loop.cmd example) work fine, the environment
> is mixed RH9/WinXP (submitting from the Condor master, a RH9 desktop)
> with Condor 6.6.7 and MPICH 1.2.4.

You cannot submit an MPI job from Windows and have it run on Linux.

You can submit an MPI job from a Linux machine to run on Linux machines,
with a Windows central manager.

> Has anyone found a solution to this or pointers to step-by-step instructions ?

What sort of troubles are you having? If your jobs never start
running, check out the SchedLog. If they start up but fail, check out
the ShadowLog on the submit machine, and the StarterLog on the execute
machines.

-Erik