Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.7.6 released!

doesn`t seem to be linked on the downloads page yet...

also, would it be possible to get the binaries zipped again for the windows release ?.. makes it much easier to update an existing installation

Thanks,

Oliver

Erik Paulson wrote:

The Condor Team is pleased to announce the release of Condor 6.7.6.
6.7.6 is the sixth release of our development series, and is primarily a
new feature release. Condor 6.7.6 includes support for using the 'grid'
universe with resources managed by the beta releases of the Globus
Toolkit 4.0, the Stork data movement server, a high-availability daemon
to provide backup central managers, contributed by Technion - Israel
Institute of Technology, job priority is no longer limited to values
between -20 and 20, and several improvements to DAGMan and Glide-In
See the Version History and Release Notes for details. Condor 6.7.6 is
available from our Downloads page.  We believe 6.7.6 is fairly stable,
but it is not recommended for production systems, unless you require
checkpointing support for a Linux distribution not supported by our 6.6
releases. Users of previous 6.7 versions are urged to upgrade.

The development plan calls for another 6.7 to be released in a few
weeks and will be also major feature release. As those of you who are
just now returning home from Condor Week, we are nearing the end of our
6.7 series of development and are closing in on the 6.8 stable release,
scheduled for later in the spring.

The Version History can be found here: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7.6/8_2Development_Release.html

To all of our friends who spent a few days with us this week, we'd like
very much to thank you for coming. It is always a high point in our year
to get to spend time with the community and see first-hand what excites
you about the software we work on. It is great to see our old friends,
and equally as great to meet and make new friends. We hope to see you all
again in 2006 (probably in May, but we're still looking at the calendar!)

Thanks, and we hope to enjoy 6.7.6!

--The Condor Team
condor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx